It is in Anglet that the best bodysurfers in the Europe/Africa zone from France, Morocco, the United Kingdom, Italy and Portugal have met once again for almost 10 years on the beautiful promenade of the Chambre d’Amour for Euro Bodysurf France.
This is the first stage of the European Bodysurf Tour, the next stage being set to take place in Morocco on the famous Charatan wave, a perfect wave for the discipline.
This year, the best Europeans will qualify in the Europe Africa zone for the IBSA Bodysurfing WT finals in Hawaii.
Perfect conditions on Saturday on the plage de la Piscine, the sun was there as were the waves allowing the competitors to fully express themselves.
The series are contested for the Open event of this first BWT QS in history in Europe after the events which have already taken place in Australia, California and Mexico.
No finals on Saturday, a tide much too high for this spot which works very well at mid-tide even if our semi-finalists gave us a very nice show.
On Sunday, the competition began with the two finals Open and Ondine which could not finish on Saturday evening with too high a level of water.
At dawn the tide was still a little too high, so we waited for the first sets to come in in order to start the first final with the Ondines around 8:30 a.m.
The conditions improved significantly throughout the day, like the day before the competitors were able to fully express themselves and put on a great show!
In the Open IBSA QS, Alix quickly took the lead in the final with a wave lit by the dawning day.
Paul then responds by chaining several waves until the sand reappears little by little.
Alix will take the set wave to break away. Behind, Matias and Nathan gradually caught up in the last minutes and positioned themselves on the podium, Paul not having found a wave to wear down his priority and fight for victory.
1. Alix Schorsch 15.4 pts
2. Matias Hegoas 12.37 pts
3. Nathan Lehoux 11.87 pts
4. Paul Grieumard 11.6 pts
A special mention for our Ondines of all categories who came here in large numbers, we hope to see women's bodysurfing continue to develop like this, well done girls for the show this weekend.
In Open IBSA QS, the girls were able to express all their qualities in the downhill waves. Uhaina quickly won and Léa, Nina and Elodie looked for waves with high potential to respond. In vain.
1. Uhaina-Kailani Hegoas 12.2 pts
2. Léa Novion 9.67 pts
3. Nina-Anais Lamotte 8.24 pts
4. Elodie Meyer 5.87 pts
It was a great meeting this weekend with the best European bodysurfers, a big thank you to everyone for your performances, good humor and your help.
Thank you to the judges, the Bodysurf Commission, the members of the Euro Bodysurf Association community and all the people who contributed to making this stage a success.
Well done to everyone, and especially to the foreign competitors who came to share the waves of the Basque Country.
We thank our partners present this weekend and those who support us from afar.
Congratulations again to everyone for your performances!
Photos: Antoine Darde / @antoine_surfshoot
1. Alix Schorsch (France) 1000
2. Matias Hegoas (France) 860
3. Nathan Lehoux (France) 730
4. Paul Grieumard (France) 670
5. Charles Valet (France) 610
5. Lionel Solari (France) 610
7. Luc Escaich (France) 550
7. Pako Junca Ituriaga (France) 550
9. Kevin Groisy (France) 500
9. Ruben Cambas (France) 500
9. Iban Florentin (France) 500
9. Tangi Cavenet (France) 500
13. Noa Benigen (France) 450
13. Thomas Arrow (United Kingdom) 450
13. Nicolas Brodeur (France) 450
13. Matthieu Dorand (France) 450
17. Patrice Grieumard (France) 400
17. Guilaume Martin (France) 400
17. Chouaib Boudhim (Morocco) 400
17. Imad Bourogui (Morocco) 400
17. Nicolas Ducamp (France) 400
17. Michele Florio (Italy) 400
17. Charles Gouaud (France) 400
17. Paul Heguy (France) 400
25. Julian Fabre (France) 350
25. Najib Nmila (Morocco) 350
25. Oliver Ross MacDonald (United Kingdom) 350
25. Nazzareno Picchianti (Italy) 350
25. Danny Teare (United Kingdom) 350
25. Lucas Harang (France) 350
25. Stefano Ghibellini (Italy) 350
25. Joao Moço (Portugal) 350
33. Mohammed Benkarroum (Morocco) 300
33. Joao Brogueira (Portugal) 300
33. Dominique Artola (France) 300
33. Gabi Courtejaire Claverie (France) 300
33. Michel Guedes (Portugal) 300
33. Philippe Quintal (France) 300
33. Nicholas Flint (United Kingdom) 300
33. Iliass Kanouni (Morocco) 300
1. Uhaïna Hegoas (France) 1000
2. Lea Novion (France) 860
3. Nina Anais Lamotte (France) 730
4. Èlodie Meyer (France) 670
5. Diane Mondin (France) 610
5. Federica Ghibellini (Italy) 610
7. Sakina Bargach (Morocco) 555
7. Lucy Hutley (United Kingdom) 555
9. Ibtissam Benjedira (Morocco) 500
9. Eleonore Diot (France) 500